This page is not created by, affiliated with, or supported by Slack Technologies, Inc.
- # ask-the-speaker-track-1 (705)
- # ask-the-speaker-track-2 (287)
- # ask-the-speaker-track-3 (195)
- # ask-the-speaker-track-4 (356)
- # bof-american-airlines (68)
- # bof-arch-engineering-ops (28)
- # bof-covid-19-lessons (4)
- # bof-cust-biz-tech-divide (2)
- # bof-leadership-culture-learning (5)
- # bof-next-gen-ops (10)
- # bof-overcoming-old-wow (7)
- # bof-project-to-product (5)
- # bof-sec-audit-compliance-grc (5)
- # bof-transformation-journeys (6)
- # bof-working-with-data (3)
- # burnout (31)
- # demos (72)
- # games (114)
- # genecon (1193)
- # genecon-help (197)
- # happy-hour (252)
- # hiring (25)
- # lean-coffee (30)
- # networking (20)
- # project-to-product (21)
- # psychological-safety (9)
- # summit-info (798)
- # summit-stories (4)
- # xpo-atlassian (10)
- # xpo-datadog (6)
- # xpo-delphix (32)
- # xpo-digitalai-accelerates-software-delivery (9)
- # xpo-gitlab-the-one-devops-platform (5)
- # xpo-harness (3)
- # xpo-hcl-software-devops (9)
- # xpo-infosys-enterprise-agile-devops (10)
- # xpo-instana (8)
- # xpo-itmethods-manageddevopssaas (9)
- # xpo-itrevolution (20)
- # xpo-launchdarkly (6)
- # xpo-logdna (12)
- # xpo-logzio (2)
- # xpo-moogsoft (4)
- # xpo-muse (7)
- # xpo-nowsecure-mobile-devsecops (6)
- # xpo-opsani (16)
- # xpo-optimizely (3)
- # xpo-pagerduty (10)
- # xpo-pc-devops-qualifications (9)
- # xpo-planview-tasktop (14)
- # xpo-plutora-vsm (10)
- # xpo-redgatesoftware-compliant-database-devops (6)
- # xpo-servicenow (18)
- # xpo-snyk (11)
- # xpo-sonatype (43)
- # xpo-split (34)
- # xpo-sysdig (29)
- # xpo-teamform-teamops-at-scale (20)
- # xpo-transposit (11)
- # xpo-tricentis-continuous-testing (5)
Good morning everyone! 👋 We're so excited to be here at DOES to talk about feature flagging and experimentation with you. Who here has used Feature Flags before?
We're kicking off the day with Desk Yoga in 5 minutes! https://split.zoom.us/j/86728420453?pwd=elZCTEJmVkY1L0pwQjAvbkluZ2Mwdz09
<!here> We know there's some amazing Happy Hours going on tonight. I'd like to attend a few of them myself! However, if you're doing a Sponsor Happy Hour Crawl, please stop by https://split.zoom.us/j/94881945944?pwd=dldGZ0ZoMXJ2UkpwblVDZDhjZjdiQT09. We've pulled them out from their caves and will be putting them in the hot spot (maybe lukewarm). Our door prizes will be charity gift cards, for the charity of your choice. So stop on by, bring questions and a smile (not lukewarm for that).
I have a quick question, is it possible to automatically increase the traffic to new version of services using some strategy
Use case: I deploy a new version of my service and want to do an incremental rollout, but instead of someone doing it manually, we setup a strategy that automatically increments the %age of traffic or backs out if results are not good.
@gauravhanda25 That's a great question! I'll let my colleague @scott.dedoes jump in to answer
Hello @gauravhanda25. Are you referring to a Multi-Armed Bandit like functionality?
We don't want our ops team to sit and monitor the new versions and then manually adjust traffic
So, at this time, we do not have any direct support for MAB. But it is a very hot topic for product direction. Are you more concerned with getting the most out of a treatment that increases a business metric or avoiding unforeseen problems like increased load time or error rates?
Because for the latter situation (wanting to mitigate blast radius due to an unintended negative consequence) we do have Feature Monitoring that can alert you when a feature causes a metric to degrade beyond a given threshold. Fixing the problem though would require manual intervention in response to the alert. (Again, automation of this is another top-of-mind direction for the product.)
So, it I have understood correctly, the dev team can deploy the code prod, that doesn't necessarily means it receives traffic.
Its just a deployment not release, the feature flags will govern when the code is live
and as alert can be setup on flag, any degradation will require manual intervention.
Thanks for answering these questions Channing! I requested connection with you on LinkedIn Gaurav in case you have further questions after the show or want more information. Feel free to reach out with any more questions and stop by the booth for raffle and swag!
@gauravhanda25: You're very welcome. Let us know if you have any further questions and thanks for your interest.